If your company is facing a software audit, Scott & Scott, LLP can help. Software audits by software publishers and their trade groups are on the rise. Many companies are paying substantial fines and suffering negative publicity resulting from license compliance investigations. If your business runs software published by Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, IBM, Oracle you may be at risk for a software audit.
Scott & Scott, LLP has developed a comprehensive solution to respond to software audit matters including technology to perform a software inventory and analysis, IT professionals that understand the technology used in a variety of businesses, and experienced attorneys to handle the legal process.
Our professionals have assisted businesses with various types of software audit matters such as:
- Software audits initiated by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and the Software Information Industry Association (SIIA)
- Software asset management engagements & SPLA license reviews initiated by Microsoft
- License compliance reviews by Oracle and IBM
- Audit requests from Adobe, Autodesk, and other software publishers
- Federal Copyright Infringement Litigation Involving Autodesk & the SIIA.
- Arbitration of Copyright Infringement Claims before the American Arbitration Association.
Scott & Scott, LLP has represented over 500 companies across the United States in software audit matters. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your legal rights throughout the burdensome and expensive software audit process.
Highest recommendation. An absolute wizard in the substantive areas and a talented negotiator as well.
Scott and Scott understands our business and are very responsive.
Your office was extremely helpful to us during our BSA ordeal. Very easy to work with and always gave us really great advice regarding a subject matter that we were not familiar with.
Excellent representation; outstanding communication; reasonable fees for service.
Recent Articles & Blogs
Be Wary of Audit Tools Promoted by Software Auditors
Releases of Liability as Part of Licensing Deals – How Hard to Push?
Software Audits: The Importance of Timely Completion of Post-Settlement Obligations
Meet Our Team
Keli Johnson Swan