If your company is facing a software audit, Scott & Scott, LLP can help. Software audits by software publishers and their trade groups are on the rise. Many companies are paying substantial fines and suffering negative publicity resulting from license compliance investigations. If your business runs software published by Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, IBM, Oracle you may be at risk for a software audit.
Scott & Scott, LLP has developed a comprehensive solution to respond to software audit matters including technology to perform a software inventory and analysis, IT professionals that understand the technology used in a variety of businesses, and experienced attorneys to handle the legal process.
Our professionals have assisted businesses with various types of software audit matters such as:
- Software audits initiated by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and the Software Information Industry Association (SIIA)
- Software asset management engagements & SPLA license reviews initiated by Microsoft
- License compliance reviews by Oracle and IBM
- Audit requests from Adobe, Autodesk, and other software publishers
- Federal Copyright Infringement Litigation Involving Autodesk & the SIIA.
- Arbitration of Copyright Infringement Claims before the American Arbitration Association.
Scott & Scott, LLP has represented over 500 companies across the United States in software audit matters. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your legal rights throughout the burdensome and expensive software audit process.
Software Agreements and Audits Presentation
- 20JulBoutique intellectual property and technology law firm, Scott & Scott, LLP, will move to new space in Granite Place, Southlake’s brand-new, full-service building this summer.26JunSOUTHLAKE, TEXAS (PRWEB) JUNE 06, 2017 Scott & Scott, LLP, a boutique technology law-firm in Southlake, Texas has been named Technology Law Firm of the Year by Finance Monthly two years in a row. The...
- 26JunSOUTHLAKE, TEXAS (PRWEB) JUNE 09, 2017 Scott & Scott, LLP, a technology law firm, has been recognized as the successful winner of the ACQ5 Law Awards 2017. “We are honored to receive ACQ5’s Law Awards...27AprScott & Scott CLE Webinar Oracle software is used by a wide range of enterprises. Oracle’s audit practice has continued to grow and many customers are surprised by the outcomes in Oracle audits. In some...
- 26AprSOUTHLAKE, TEXAS (PRWEB) APRIL 26, 2017 Boutique law firm,Scott & Scott, LLP, was honored by Lawyers Worldwide Magazine as Technology Law Firm of the Year – USA in the April 17th edition of Super Lawyers...2FebSteve Russman, IBSMA, 2/1/2017 Julie Machal-Fulks, a technology attorney with Texas firm Scott & Scott, has handled hundreds of software audits and manages the firm’s Oracle practice. She helps her clients with everything from negotiating...
Highest recommendation. An absolute wizard in the substantive areas and a talented negotiator as well.
Scott and Scott understands our business and are very responsive.
Your office was extremely helpful to us during our BSA ordeal. Very easy to work with and always gave us really great advice regarding a subject matter that we were not familiar with.
Excellent representation; outstanding communication; reasonable fees for service.
Your services were timely, fairly priced and straight to the point of what we needed done.
Great service and results.
For the third time I have called on you guys to negotiate on our technology company’s behalf. You took the time to understand our business model, where we were going and what we wanted to accomplish. You successfully helped us reach our goal each time. Our company is growing, our profit is up, and we know we can depend on Scott and Scott to be there when we need them in the future. Thank you for being consistent.
I found the firm most knowledgeable in all IT subject matter and the quality of documents prepared was excellent!
Trust and known quality of the work that the legal team does on behalf of its clients and the customer care that they provide beyond legal acumen.
Great work and representation. The result was better than we could have expected.
Thank you for the service you and the team and Scott & Scott, LLP have provided us here at SMART I.T. Services, Inc. It was a pleasure working with you, especially since your service was fast, friendly, flexible and accurate. The fact that you work in our industry and have experience with the issues associated with it, were just icing on the cake!
It is with great and sincere pleasure that I recommend Scott and Scott, LLP. Scott and Scott has done an exemplary job for the Waypoint Solutions Group team, writing and reviewing contracts and developing our information security program and information security incident plan. Having a trusted and competent firm to handle our specific and complex needs as an IT company, allows us to focus on and deliver the highest quality solutions for our customers. Rob Scott and the entire Scott and Scott organization display unparalleled industry expertise and professionalism, and...
Mr. Scott and his team have provided my organization and its over 30,000 members with a wealth of leadership, expertise, and legal advice. When it comes to IT related issues there is no other law firm I would entrust to render advice and counsel to me and my organization. Rob and his firm are at the top of their profession in the Information Technology community. I recommend Scott & Scott to all my clients and friends who are in the business. If you are in the IT profession and need...